Saturday, December 5, 2009

Life in Stuttgart

I've been here over a month now; that's plenty of time to pick up on a few things...

Stuttgart itself is located in the south west if Germany, its Dialect is Schwabisch...not that I notice; anyone who talks in a foreign language talks funny anyway.

It is surrounded by hills (where there's lots of vineyards!) and on one end these hills dip, and that's where the main station sits. It feels like a giant donut (and my flatmate's girlfriend described it as a 'cauldron'), but with the station plugging a hole in one end...please don't rain!






For the first 10 days I stayed in the living room of the WG (flatshare), which was grand. Got to watch de odd film, such as Ich bin Legend, starring Will Schmidt! 

I'm at the stage now where I'm begining to think through german. Which is a bit mad. If I make a mistake or drop something , I will actually murmur nein or schieße!


Still starting the odd conversation / saying random words in Irish though.
It just comes out, can't help it.

The buses and trains are always on time. I knew this from Berlin before, but now as an inhabitant you see how it affects you. You can never be late for work and say the bus was late, cause your boss will say "no it wasn't, the bus comes at 08.47".

I'm now looking the right way crossing the street, which can only be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment